Thursday, November 21, 2013

What is the Thankful Principle?

Over the past six months, I have been sharing the Thankful Principle wherever I go.  In fact, as I was writing my soon-to-be-published book, I have been looking for opportunities to share this good news with people who are hurting, discouraged, or frustrated.  It is not hard to find them, when I am looking. 

What is the Thankful Principle?  The Thankful Principle is based on Philippians 4:6-7:  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  When we come before the Lord with thanksgiving and present our concerns, we allow and invite God to work in our situation.  By thanking God in the midst of trying circumstances, we are exercising faith and trusting God to solve the problem. 

In my experiences over the past nine years of praying with thankfulness, God changed me, the situation, or both.  No matter what, peace always followed.  The peace of God does transcend all understanding, and it is wonderful to be able to feel that peace even when nothing has seemingly changed.  Somehow, this calm assurance during our storms of life brings confidence.  Confidence that our Father cares about us and is looking out for our best interests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment